Every successful entrepreneur has their own secrets to achieving business success, but there are universal tips that work for almost anyone in any field. Business Insider has compiled a list of tips for success.
♥ ON-TOPIC: Does IQ influence success, or what prevents us from becoming successful people?
1. You don't have to turn your favorite hobby into a job, but your work should be enthusiastic. If what you do makes sense to you, you will only enjoy your workday.
2. If the job isn't inspiring, think about the benefits. For example, a decent salary or bonuses help support the family and this can be a great incentive.
3. Surround yourself with positive people and you will get positive results.
4. If you spend most of your time doing what you do best, you're more likely to be happy.
5. And vice versa. If most of the time is spent fixing bugs, the annoyance will accumulate.
♥ ON-TOPIC: 15 billionaire quotes that will change the way you think about money.
6. Learn new skills and be patient with yourself during the learning process.
7. The only way to keep up is to constantly learn something new.
8. In the process of learning new skills, be prepared to make a lot of beginner's mistakes.
9. The more relaxed you are about your own mistakes, the faster you will learn something new.
10. If you believe that change is necessary, become the one who leads the change process.
♥ ON-TOPIC: Yanni or Lorl? It's amazing, but people hear the word differently. What do you hear?
11. Start small and build gradually.
12. Progress from the simple to the more complex.
13. Always try to work on yourself in all aspects, from technical skills to leadership skills.
14. The hardest part is determining when to stop. No one can teach you how to do it. At some point, you have to make the decision yourself.
15. If you really believe in what you are doing, have confidence in the result and know the methods to achieve it, believe in yourself and do not stop halfway, even if (especially if) those around you think you are crazy.
♥ ON-TOPIC: 11 facts about the life of a successful executive.
16. Insanity is doing the same thing in the same way, but expecting a different result. If the result is bad, make adjustments and try again.
17. No one becomes successful on their own.
18. Ask for help. Be specific about the kind of help you need, and when you get it, be grateful.
19. People perceive the world in different ways. Two people can attend the same conference and have different experiences. Use this to your advantage.
20. Don't give up on diversity. The best way to make up for your own shortcomings is to choose a team with different strengths.
21. Treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don't like them.
22. No matter how successful you are, there will always be someone more successful than you.
23. There will always be people who have achieved less than you.
24. You will never have all the resources (time, money, personnel, etc.) necessary to launch a project or run a company.
25. The lack of resources is not an excuse, but a nuisance that has become an advantage. In these cases, you will need to take a creative approach to solving the problem.
♥ ON-TOPIC: How brand names came about: Ikea, Lego, Pepsi, Reebok, Skype, Sony, Canon, Google – 16 stories about the origin of famous company names
26. Creativity and innovation are skills that are formed and practiced by performing conventional processes in a new way.
27. In the early stages of a career, the formation of a company or the development of a project, you will have to pass many things. In the later stages, you will have to say no.
28. Negative feedback (in short, criticism) is necessary. Do not dismiss it and do not take it as an absolute truth. Highlight the real grains and ignore the rest.
29. The same goes for positive feedback. Don't automatically accept (or reject) them.
30. Do not let the opinions of others (positive or negative) affect your self-perception. Treat these reviews the same way you would any other.
31. When you make critical comments, talk about work and refrain from getting personal.
32. Think big. Dream big.
33. Treat your dream as a guide for life. You don't have to make your dream come true immediately, but you do have to take many steps to achieve it.
34. If you think big, you will hear the "no" more times than the "yes". Do not get carried away by the opinions of others, decide for yourself.
35. When you get positive results, you will have to redouble your efforts. Don't give up on the opportunity, and the ability to manage the added responsibility will come along in the process.
♥ ON-TOPIC: 5 secrets of a successful company from the CEOs of apple, Intel and Microsoft.
36. If there is a secret to success, it is this: tell others about your plans and use whatever method you can. The more people who understand the nature and purpose of your plans, the easier it will be to attract those who can help carry out the projects.
37. Expand your network of contacts. Meet new people and keep in touch with acquaintances.
38. It doesn't matter what technology or service your company is working on. The important thing is not the product, but the users and the improvement of their quality of life. Focus on this aspect and your project is more likely to succeed.
39. No matter how great the success, no one is immune from failure.
40. Don't see failure as a bad thing. It is part of the process.
41. Take risks, but don't take them thoughtlessly.
42. Don't expect to fail, but admit the possibility. The best way to win a big battle is to develop a fallback plan of action in case of failure.
43. In some cases, it will be necessary to put caution aside and do your best. No one can tell you when that time will come. If you are sure, act accordingly.
44. Learn to say "no" firmly.
45. Say "yes" as often as possible.
46. To say "yes" more often, set boundaries or a scope around your "yes."
47. Getting what you want does not mean happiness. Happiness is the art of being satisfied with what you already have.
48. Any job involves interacting with people who have a difficult character. Be polite, do your job well, and don't let a difficult topic distract you from the project.
49. Focus on what you want.
50. If you really want to change the world, gain influence and use it to bring about change. Do it openly and others will follow your example.