There are many reasons for changing your Google password, from potential security breaches to the need to ensure your privacy.
But even if you don't have a specific reason, it is advisable to change your password every few months. This will help keep your account safe.
If you definitely don't remember your password, you may need to reset it. This process is slightly different from changing your password. Password recovery can be useful if you don't remember a lot of data from your Google account.
Here's how you can recover your Google password or change it to a new one.
♥ ON-TOPIC: The most difficult passwords: how to come up with the right ones and not forget them - 2 tips from a hacker.
How to recover password on Google (YouTube, Gmail, Chrome)
If you have recently purchased a new device and cannot remember your password for Google services, you will need to retrieve it.
1. To restore your browser account, go to: accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
2. Next, you will be asked to enter the email address associated with the account you want to restore.
3. You will then need to enter the last password that you remember. If you do not remember either, you must select the option «Another way«. To do this, click the blue link below and to the left of the password entry field, and then follow the instructions on the screen.
4. In one of the recovery steps, Google will ask you for a confirmation code, which will be sent to the phone number or other email address associated with your account.
5. Once you have entered the confirmation code that you have received, you will be able to recover your password.
If you do not have a mobile phone number or other email address associated with your account, other ways to verify your account will be suggested. This will require you to answer the security questions. For example, you may have to tell them the date you opened your account.
♥ ON-TOPIC: How to check the strength of passwords online and find out how fast they can be cracked.
How to change your password on Google (YouTube, Gmail, Chrome)
1. Access your Google account at myaccount.google.com
2. On the left side of the page, click on the tab labeled «Security«.
3. Then in «.Access your Google account»You will see a tab that says«Password«, Which contains information about the last password change.
4. Press the menu «Password«.
5. You will be asked to enter your current password. After entering it, you will access the new page.
6. Here you need to enter a new password, and then the same password again for confirmation.
7. After setting a new password, press the «keyCChange Password«.
Remember that changing your Google password in this service means changing it also in other Google-related applications (YouTube, Gmail, etc.).
Write down or remember your new password. You will need it to enter it in Gmail, YouTube, Chrome or any other device that allows access to Google.